What to expect at our veterinary hospital in Columbus OH when your pet has a professional dental cleaning.
What is involved in the professional dental cleaning at our hospitals?
Each Oral Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention (Oral ATP) visit has ten separate steps:
- General exam before anesthesia, pre-operative organ testing
- Oral exam under anesthesia
- Gross calculus removal
- Subgingival (below the gumline) scaling, root planing, curettage where indicated
- Tooth polishing
- Post cleaning exam and dental x-rays to evaluate the areas below the gum line
- Dental charting to create a treatment plan
- Therapy if necessary
- No-fee follow up appointment to see how well you are performing home care.
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.