What we’re doing to keep your family and our team safe.
Over the last two months, we’ve all had to navigate unprecedented challenges – both personally and professionally. During a time of such turbulence, we have been grateful for the patience, understanding, and flexibility extended to us by all of our valued clients. Our team remains dedicated to caring for your pets, and your cooperation has been truly appreciated as we have figured out the best ways to care for your pets in a minimal-contact manner. As Ohio works towards re-opening, we want to update you on what you can expect from your Health & Harmony family over the coming weeks.
For all non-urgent concerns, please email or text the hospital so that our phone lines may remain open for curbside clients and urgent patient concerns. Our Client Care Team is smaller than usual and handling more calls/texts/emails than ever before. They are working tirelessly to sort through all of your messages and will respond in order of urgency. Emails are encouraged as our staff working remotely may be able to assist you sooner than those within the hospital. Above all, your patience and understanding are sincerely appreciated if you experience any delays in response time.
Monday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
· We will continue to prioritize sick/injured patients but have started to reschedule postponed wellness appointments from the last 8 weeks. While we are eager to get you all in quickly, please understand that our staffing is still somewhat limited and we are not yet back up to our full capacity. Due to social distancing and our related curbside protocols, we cannot see as many patients each day and appreciate your patience as we work through our list of postponed appointments. If you have an urgent or time-sensitive need for your pet, please contact the hospital and we will do our best to accommodate you as much as we can. If we postponed your appointment over the last 8 weeks, you do not need to do anything to get back on the schedule – we will contact you as soon as we are able to offer you an appointment.
· We have resumed performing elective surgeries (including dentistry) and have already begun rescheduling postponed surgeries from the last 8 weeks. If your pet’s surgery/dental was postponed, you do not need to do anything to get back on the schedule – we will contact you as soon as we are able to offer you an appointment. We are increasing our surgical capacity each week in order to expedite getting all of our wonderful patients the surgical treatments they need. Our postponed surgery patients will take priority over the next couple of months and any new elective surgeries will be added to our waitlist until we are fully caught up. Urgent surgeries will be prioritized as needed if recommended by the veterinarian. If you are looking to schedule your pet for surgery (including dentistry) at any point during 2020, we advise you to contact us now to get your pet on the waitlist – as we cannot be certain how long it will take us to get all postponed surgeries caught up.
· In order to minimize exposure and align with social distancing guidelines, we will continue to offer curbside appointments for all patients and medication pick-ups. All clients will be asked to call or text the hospital after arriving at the hospital. A team member will come to escort pets into the hospital for their exam while clients wait safely in their cars. The medical team will call to gather history, discuss a care plan, and answer any questions you may have. After your pet has been treated, we will collect payment over the phone – we are not accepting cash or checks at this time. If you are unable to wait during your appointment, we will be happy to admit your pet for the day at no charge so you may tend to any necessary errands. Prior to leaving your pet with us, we MUST have you sign a consent form – so please do NOT leave the parking lot without letting us know!
· To keep your pets safe, please bring all cats in secure carriers and all dogs will be brought into the hospital on one of our ‘slip leads’ to prevent any chances of escaping from their collar or harness. We ask that you keep at least 6ft distance from our staff when they come to retrieve your pets.
· All medication pick-ups are being scheduled so that you may call upon arrival and a team member will be available to bring your medication out once payment has been collected. If you need a refill, please CLICK HERE to submit a refill request on our website. We ask you to be mindful that we need at least 48-72 hours to process all routine prescription refills – please do not wait until you are out or almost out of your pet’s important medication to request your refill!
Prescription & Diet Delays
· Due to increased demands, we are starting to see unpredictable delays from manufacturers with prescription diet shipping times as well as several diets going on and off backorder. If your pet is on a prescription diet, please plan your orders further in advance than usual. We currently recommend at least 2-3 weeks notice so that we have time to explore alternative options in case your pet’s food is unavailable before you run out.
· Additionally, our online store is experiencing a 1-2 week delay in processing and shipping orders due to increased demands. Please place your refill orders 2-3 weeks prior to when you’ll need them to ensure you don’t run out of your pet’s essential medications. As always, if you have any difficulty with our online store or need any assistance – please reach out to us and we will do our best to get things figured out for you as swiftly as possible. Please CLICK HERE to visit our online store.
As a medical facility, you can rest assured that we are adhering to all published CDC guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19. Our robust disinfection protocols have been updated to target COVID-19 and put additional focus on all human contact points. Our team is required to wear masks and any employees who are under the weather or have had known COVID-19 exposure are not being permitted to work. Additionally, all clients are being screened with a handful of questions regarding potential exposure to COVID prior to any appointments in order to keep our team’s risk of exposure as minimal as possible.
As with so many things, our hours and protocols remain subject to change based on local and state recommendations. Following our Facebook is the best way to keep up to date with any changes here at the hospital!
We are looking forward to seeing all of your happy, healthy pets again soon! Together, we will get through this – stay safe and stay healthy!
– Dr. Evelyn Bowden, Dr. Kim West & the entire H&H team
*Due to COVID, hours are subject to change
Monday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm